Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Love Grows Here Sign


Sometimes I'll get the urge to craft but I don't want to leave the house to get supplies. I'll look around the house and see what I can find. I wanted to make a sign for the entryway and had chipboard and card stock on hand so that is how this sign came to be made.


All you need: chipboard (When chipboard comes in packaging, keep it. They can be useful for projects such as this!), paint pen, card stock, twine, and hot glue.


I wanted something with a spring theme and that felt welcoming when you walked through the front door so I chose the phrase, "love grows here." I traced the phrase with a pencil and went over it with a paint pen.


I used my Cricut to make the flowers. However if you don't have a Cricut this tutorial from Frog Prince Paperie shows another great way to make paper flowers.


Probably the hardest part was deciding where to put the flowers. I played with it until I got something I liked.



Once you know how you want your sign to look, it's time to hot glue it all together! All you need is a drop of glue to make it all stick together.


I hot glued and taped twine to the back of my chipboard. Because the material was light weight, the twine worked well in hanging it up.


And there you have it--a sign made just for spring! It adds a pop of color and whimsy as you walk through the door!


No comments:

Post a Comment