Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Love Grows Here Sign


Sometimes I'll get the urge to craft but I don't want to leave the house to get supplies. I'll look around the house and see what I can find. I wanted to make a sign for the entryway and had chipboard and card stock on hand so that is how this sign came to be made.


All you need: chipboard (When chipboard comes in packaging, keep it. They can be useful for projects such as this!), paint pen, card stock, twine, and hot glue.


I wanted something with a spring theme and that felt welcoming when you walked through the front door so I chose the phrase, "love grows here." I traced the phrase with a pencil and went over it with a paint pen.


I used my Cricut to make the flowers. However if you don't have a Cricut this tutorial from Frog Prince Paperie shows another great way to make paper flowers.


Probably the hardest part was deciding where to put the flowers. I played with it until I got something I liked.



Once you know how you want your sign to look, it's time to hot glue it all together! All you need is a drop of glue to make it all stick together.


I hot glued and taped twine to the back of my chipboard. Because the material was light weight, the twine worked well in hanging it up.


And there you have it--a sign made just for spring! It adds a pop of color and whimsy as you walk through the door!


1 comment:

  1. Make sure to get eight hours of rest every night. Not getting enough sleep can overly enhance the anxious feelings worse than they would have been.Your tired body will be worsened by insufficient sleep. You should sleep at least seven to nine hours each night.
    satta king

    ReplyDelete