Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Writing Update: Finished Draft

I finally finished the draft of the story I've been working on all year. It's a very rough draft and there were multiple times I wanted to trash the whole thing. I'm very hard on myself during the drafting process that it becomes draining on me. Pulling the words out of me is like pulling teeth out. It's hard for me to just write and not edit as I go but I know if I don't get the words out I won't ever finish. Well, I finally did and now I've got a really ugly draft to revise. But I actually love revising. It's like a puzzle. The drafting process is when you create all your puzzle pieces and revising is when you actually do the fun part of putting the puzzle pieces together. I'm looking forward to printing out my manuscript and tearing up that sucker with a red pen!

No comments:

Post a Comment