Monday, June 22, 2015

The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski


"The engagement of Lady Kestrel to Valoria's crown prince is the event of a lifetime, but to Kestrel it means living in a cage of her own making, so as she aches to tell the truth about her engagement, she becomes a skilled practitioner of deceit and as a spy passes information and gets close to uncovering a shocking secret."

I don't know what to do with myself. How am I supposed to wait for the next book? The agony of that ending has made me the most impatient person. I tried to wait to read this book closer to the release of the third book but I couldn't do it. You shouldn't either. It will be torture but its just too good to pass up, my friends.

I loved all the tension between Arin and Kestrel. I loved how they each had to deal with difficult choices and though they were at odds you understood and empathized with each of them. I loved reading about Kestrel's relationship with her father. I haven't read a parent and child relationship like that in a long while. It was such a wonderful, important part of the story and I'm eager to see how this relationship will continue in the next book.

Oh, and the twists! The secrets! It creates so much anticipation. When you close the book you feel like you're on the edge of a cliff about to topple over. My grabby hands so want the next book. But until then I'll just day dream about Arin and Kestrel meeting again.

What's the last series you fell in love with?

Need a new series to love then check this one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment