Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski


"An aristocratic girl who is a member of a warmongering and enslaving empire purchases a slave, an act that sets in motion a rebellion that might overthrow her world as well as her heart."

I have a love hate relationship with series. You always want a good story to continue but you also hate waiting for the next book to arrive. I tell myself over and over again to wait to start reading a series until all the books are released. I never seem to make it. 

I couldn't hold off reading this book. The second one is already out and I will surely gobble up that one next but how will I stand the wait for the last one!

Have you read this yet? If not, it's a must read for fantasy lovers. The characters were fantastic! I love stories about two people who have the world against them and it doesn't get more tension-filled than a slave and the girl who bought him. 

You know they're doomed as they are both on opposite sides of a brewing rebellion but that's what makes you keep flipping the pages. The stakes are so high and you never know what will happen next. The characters are so wonderfully manipulative toward each other and toward their foes. 

I highly recommend giving this book a read. But be prepared to be in pain as you wait for the rest of the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment