Thursday, October 1, 2015

It's October!







Lately, it has felt like life has beat me up and spat on me. The end of the day I'm drained and exhausted and left feeling dissatisfied with the work I've created. I think this is what burnout feels like. I'm currently trying to work out of this slump and one thing that improved my mood was going to the evening farmers market in my town. Side note, that picture of me is what I look like when I've been up since 2 am. Can you feel the exhaustion radiating from that picture? Anyway, I got tomatoes and basil and made these tarts. They were divine! It was a nice last, little taste of summer.

I'm so happy it's October! I'm looking forward to all the potential autumn will bring. This time of year always makes me feel more creative which is what I need right now. Plus, I love how the smell of pumpkin and nutmeg are everywhere. October is all about warmth and comfort. It's what one needs to soothe their soul. I hope you're having a wonderful first day of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment