Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Make Something and Give It Away








I am no speed knitter. Knitting these stuffed animal toys takes me a couple weeks. It can also be hard to find the time to do it but I look forward to the moments where I can knit these critters up. It is a labor of love. I think about the children who will get these toys and it gives me motivation.

But I admit that when I finish I think to myself, "What if I kept it?" I put so much work into it I become afraid to give it away and a part of me thinks that the person I give it to won't appreciate all that work. But I remember that the point of making for me is to give. There is joy in the making and there is tremendous joy in the giving. I started knitting for the same reason why I cook, bake, write, sew, paint, craft--I want to share it with others.

I'm trying to wake up each morning asking myself, "What can I give? What can I make for others?"

Today's answer was a little stuffed bird, so I'm off to try my hands at that.

Happy Making, y'all!

Note: The animals shown here come from the book Itty-Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderson and I've learned to make stuffed animals from two Craftsy classes: The (Not So) Itty-Bitty Giraffe and Amigurumi: Woodland Animals

1 comment:

  1. Distracting yourself is a great way to relax when you feel particularly vulnerable to anxiety. play bazaar

    play bazaar

    play bazaar This makes it so you to worry less about your problems and it will help you to relax.

    ReplyDelete