Sunday, January 4, 2015

Got goals?

Hello 2015!

It's that time of year to set goals and resolutions. Some last, some fall apart in days or weeks. Some don't make them and others take it as an opportunity to be optimistic about their future.

Me?

I'm a list maker. A new year means another reason to make new lists. I've already made four. I made these lists to help guide me in the year ahead. I posted them on my closet door so I see them every morning and night. Are you a list maker too? Here are four that may help you in the coming year:

Motivational Quotes
Write down five quotes that will inspire you, comfort you, or keep you motivated this year. One that I've included on my list is: "Live life as if everything is rigged in your favor." Rumi.

2015 Goals
Have five goals for this year. They can be personal, professional, financial...and so on. But here is the key part: don't just list them but have a clear idea of the steps you need to take to reach those goals. Some goals are bigger than others and it's great to have your beginning steps planned out so you don't feel so overwhelmed.

Life List
I have a life list, also known as a bucket list. It includes places to travel to, professional achievements, things I want to do with family and friends. I can't complete everything on that list in one year but some of them I can. Like, host a food drive or read all of Jane Austen's novels.

Routine
You know what's important from making the previous lists. Now reflect that in your daily schedule. Write out a daily routine that makes sure you're able to reach your goals and dreams.

So those are my lists. Do you have any of your own? Do you make goals for the new year?

No matter what, I hope this year brings you joy.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment