Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

It's 2014! Amazing, I tell you!

I swear 2013 lasted too long. I was sick the last few months of it. Still sick actually but I feel like I'm finally on the mend.

Besides being sick from constant contact with germy kids, 2013 was good to me in that I got a job (which led me to the germy kids as I work at an elementary school).

When I finished grad school in 2012, I thought it would take me years to find one considering being a librarian comes with limited and competitive job opportunities (also the other librarians I knew had been looking for 3 years + so they didn't give me much hope), but I did indeed find one!

My writing has kind of been slacking lately what with being sick and having a new full time job but I started this day right by typing away at a story I've been struggling with for years. There was this brilliant moment where the plot finally clicked in my head and I swear it must be a good sign for my writing this year. Right? I hope so anyway.

And I will now leave you with the first new sentence I wrote in this lovely new year:

--> Long ago there was a great war.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment