Sunday, September 1, 2013

In Which I Collapse

I started a new job in the beginning of August as an elementary librarian. I began just a few days before school started and was so overwhelmed. Keeping up with books for over 700 students is kind of hard! Thinks of all those textbooks! Thinks of my poor arms!

Anyway, I survived. I have collapsed into a heap of exhaustion and am so thankful for this long weekend, but I'm also really excited to get back to work. There's really nothing better than seeing a kid excited over reading.

I read We Are in a Book by Mo Willems this past week and had a blast, although I'm sure half the students were laughing at me. A thing I realized about reading out loud is that you can't be afraid to look ridiculous. However, no matter how good I read it, I don't think it beats the video below. I'll leave you with this wonderful adaptation:

No comments:

Post a Comment